Thursday, April 10, 2008

Feel like the weight!

I really feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders! (too bad it didnt come off my bum and thighs)

I really was dreading the interviews and what they would be asking us!

It was such a huge day both in the length of the interview and what would the outcome be!

One of the interviewers said at the end that we would be foster carers that would drive case workers nutz!! (I was thinking what in the world???)

Then he went on to say that he could see that we would do what ever was needed for a child in care! If that child needed advocating for a medical reasons or anything really that we would be their worst nightmares!

Thinking about that later I thought that was a great complement!

The questions they asked really had me thinking ...( I am sure you all could smell the smoke coming out of my ears)

I was very open ... And they did say that they could see that I was VERY real with them! And that is what they wanted!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Chelley, great job! I can't believe it is so difficult to get approved, but it is great for the children that such good homes are found. Sounds like you'll be a wonderful advocate, but interesting and a bit odd that they case worker would describe you as their worst nightmare!?? That's a funny way to give you a compliment, but it sounds like they definitely thought your family was terrific and that you'd provide a wonderful foster home. Congratulations!

Wendy

Wendy said...

Just thought of this. I know a woman who has fostered over 100 children and has two books on the subject. The first is ANOTHER PLACE AT THE TABLE and the second is ONE SMALL BOAT. Read at least the first one if you get a chance. It's a great book!

Rebecca Lily said...

Isn't it nice when things go EASIER than expected!!!!!!

Our home study visits were like that... I was FREAKING out about it... ended up it was a piece of cake. :)

Glad to hear that the interviews went so well.

Hugs,
Rebecca

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

This is great... glad to hear that it all went so well... take care

redmaryjanes said...

It sounds like things went very well Chelley. I think you will be an outstanding foster mother and family : )

Andrea said...

YEAH!!! sounds like things went great. When are you guys ready to roll?

xoxo,

Andrea

Melissa said...

good for you. awesome job. cant wait until you get a placement