Friday, October 10, 2008

This is SO not right!

Lil Miss and Button go to family day care on the one day Al and I work..

There have been a few little niggly things that I have worried about with the day care lady but try to brush it off!

Well on Friday I went to her house to ask if she could watch the foster girls as we need to go to a funeral... This was at 10am!!!!

Well I knock on the door and call out

no answer but I hear kids playing and the front door is open and the screen door is unlocked.... (I would normally do this and walk in the house when I drop the girls off)

So I call out and knock again.... And walk in

call out again

(calling out louder each time)

Walk in the first room and call out AGAIN!

I walk into the lounge room and here is the day care lady laying on the couch sound asleep!!! With 3 kids maybe under 2 years old sitting on the floor.......

I call out again this time she wakes up dazed doesn't say anything about been a sleep.....

OMG this isn't right

I had to report this to the FDC Coordination office and they are getting me a new family day care mum....

I felt so bad about reporting this....This was really hard I feel like I was a kid dobbing one her! But sleeping while looking after kids is just so wrong on so many levels!
So I could not in good faith send the girls back to her or keep this to myself.....

9 comments:

Jen Boote said...

Oh dear Chel - you are SO right - this isn't right and you have done the right thing - never loose sight of that - always do what seems right to you because you are a GOOD judge - you are a good person. I'm so sorry for the other little ones in her care. If she had even apologised and given a reason (a good one) would have been somewhat better (depending on the reason) - I hope you sleep tonight knowing you HAVE done the right thing. love from Jen and Ebby

Maggie said...

You did what you had to do. She's a professional and shouldn't be napping while kids are in her care.

junglemama said...

You did what was right. Hope you find a wonderful new childcare provider.

OziMum said...

The kids safety is paramount.

Torina said...

That is scary. I am glad you reported it.

Kim said...

WOW - that is ridiculous and I am glad you called. I would have been HEATED!

Andrea said...

Do not feel bad about this. Bless your heart for reporting her. She is responsible for these kids. She can take a nap when they leave.
Good job!

Andrea

Paula said...

Yes, you were right in reporting it. One time when my older daughter was in a family day care while I was at work my sister saw the day care lady driving my daughter around without her being in a car seat. I had to take her out of that place immediatley. yes, you did the right thing.

Melissa said...

good for you