Friday, August 10, 2007

Mum *update*

My Mums operation went well! The had to put like a chicken wire around her hip to keep it together..

She has been pretty out of it on pain medication but hopefully on the road to mending..

The doctor said that Mums bones are so soft that he could rub them with his finger and it would crumble...

So what the future for her is going to be hard and probably not without more broken bones in the future. The sad thing is Mum is only 55 years old and the doctor said that she has the bones of a 90 year old...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

do they know what caused them to become so brittle?

OziMum said...

Sorry to hear your Mum's bones are so soft. Unfortunately, thats a trait in my family too. But hey, life is for the living, and I'll keep doing that til I can't do it no more!!!

Your Mum's op sounds really painful. Godspeed to a quick recovery!

Jane and Jim said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom's bones. My mom had the same thing - she lasted until age 69. It's hereditary so drink your milk, don't smoke, exercise and get bone scans regularly. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Jane from Texas