Sunday, June 14, 2009

Priceless



First week of new school DONE

Extra fuel driving to new school $20

Counseling sessions $80 per week x 8 weeks

New school uniforms $300

Hearing your son say he loves you and thanks mum for the first time in 3 months

PRICELESS

I really wish that I had done this 6 months ago! My heart so struggled with making this decision and now that we have done it! And the kids have been going to the new school for a week! They have settled in so much better than I had even dreamed they would!

Tiarna's teacher told me that she really has relaxed into the class asking lots of questions and socialzation really well! When I asked Tiarna how her class was she said it was 100 times better.

Kagen well were do I start? First it was seen this smile on my son that I really have missed! That was the first day of new school! When we asked how his day was he said it was and I quote from Kagen here "It was FANTABLOUS!"

Kagen is making friends and has already been invited to a birthday party and been over to visit a new friend!

For me one of the biggest changes is seen that "spark" back in Kagen! The last 2 days Kagen for no reason at all has come to be and hugged me and told me he loves me! For the past few months he hasn't done that, he has been so withdrawn that even when I told him that I loved him he wouldn't answer back.

It was hard not hearing that from him and then this week to turn around out of the blue... Oh how my heart skipped a beat and I had to hold back those tears until he went away...

A weight has been lifted off his shoulders you can see Kagen standing that little bit taller!

Kagen has even seen that at his new school they will deal with kids straight away! There will be no bullying at all!

I know this has only been the first week but I also know that if in one week we can seen this much change then it was well worth all the pain and sleepless nights to see my son


smile again....

9 comments:

Mom 2 six said...

Oh I am so glad !
Makes my day. Good move. That is how it should be.

Janine said...

Sounds great - what do you think helps to make it a better school? Is it smaller? Are they able to keep better tuned into the kids out in the playground? I tried to keep my older kids (now all grown and even all through Uni)at the smaller state school six kms past our local school because it just had a better more personal feeling about it - they loved it. The younger two went to the closer school (for a number of different reasons) - it suited Portia fine, but we ended up taking Seth out. But that was due to his special needs - they certainly couldn't accommodate them well. Hope the success continues for them both.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! Sounds like everythings falling into place!

Torina said...

I'm so glad it is going well!

Maggie said...

That's wonderful, Chelley. I'm so, so glad the new school is working out. And kudos to you for taking the big step to fix this for Kagen... this is something he'll remember and be grateful for. That smile is well worth all the effort and expense.

Anonymous said...

Chelley, That is soooo wonderful to hear! I am so glad the smiles and hugs are back.. Is this a summer school they are in? Here in the US we have school about Sept-June.. What is it there?

So glad things are good. Come by and say hi soon...

Stacey G.

living4him5 said...

God is so very GOOD!!!

Priceless pictures!!!

How's the new job???

hugs,
Amy

Margaret M said...

So so HAPPY to read this post. I love when good things happen to GOOD people!

Jen Boote said...

I'm just so relieved for you Chel. There's little worse than seeing your darlings unhappy. You've been through the mill I know and now the rewards of your love and care are evident. Good on you for listening to your heart...and your children.
xxx Jen and Ebby xxx