Monday, July 20, 2009

The Tom cat is away and the mice will play?

Allan is off on business till Thursday so its just me and the three kids, 2 dogs (1 we are puppy sitting) Oh Two dogs we are feeding for friends while away, two rats and 2 fish! No don't think I am going to be too lonely!

And don't think I am going to be bored as the kids are still on school holidays, A foster care review, the twins are having a hearing test and my mother in law is going in for an operation! I need to get my butt into gear as I have an essay due soon!

I worked today! My last shadow shift! From now on my shifts are all by myself!
SO bummed as my work at the children's didn't work out because part of my police check hadn't come back so at the last minute they rang and said no! But funny enough I am ok with that has it gave me more time to get to know the adults in the supported houses!

Work have said that when they can get the red tape sorted out that I will get my chanced to work in there!

The adults I am working with have such varying disabilities including Down syndrome, severe to profound mental disability, Cerebral palsy and combining that with those that have seizures and those that have extreme behaviors makes it for a very full on job! There are some that have to have all their needs met to those that can do their own showers etc! I am finding it very rewarding and come home dog tired but happy!

1 comment:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

And you will love every minute of it... seizures, down syndrome and all...
A person I use to know worked in houses like this and they would come to our house for a Bar-B-Q and it was a great time... we all had a great time...